Thursday, January 31, 2013

Valentines day cards

I have been making a few valentines day cards.  Got to use my bird and owl punches so that is always a bit of fun..  I know they are the same, but it was fun to do and I had to use the owls, but think I do like the birds better.  I so love the Raspberry ripple and I matched it up with Marina mist both from Stampin'up. The Designer series paper was Polka Dot Parade. I used the Tim Holtz movers and shapers die for the branches.  Ribbon was Kaisercraft it was the closest match I had to the red.  I do like crossgrain ribbon I am getting quite a collection.  I hand cut the heart and embossed it with the intrinsic embossing folder it is my favourite so pretty.  Watch out for the other card still to come..

So here are my cards...






I would also like to say a big hi to Tammy who has joined as a follower here at lonely cards.. Welcome Tammy hope you have a peek around and enjoy your stay..

I would like to enter these in the following challenges. 
Rubys Rainbow Valentines
Shopping our stash Valentines, hearts, red, love.

Have a great day 
Sandy :)

8 comments:

  1. Wonderful carsd...beautiful colour combo.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. wonderful and lovely creations!

    thanks so much for playing along with us at Ruby’s Rainbow Challenges!

    hugs and kisses from germany,
    silvi xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Two fabulous cards! Love them both! So happy you joined us this week at Shopping Our Stash!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - love both the birds and the owls. All your embossing looks great. Thanks for joining us over at Ruby's Rainbow xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fantastic cards and Beautiful colors Sandy. Stopped by from MIM...Loz

    ReplyDelete
  6. They are both adorable! I saw them on MIM.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wonderful creations. Cute feathered friends dressed in their polka dots....fabulous! Stopped by from MIM. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two great designs! Both have a great layout and fab colors, but I guess my favorite would be the one with the owls, 'cause I love owls and I love the detail of the googly eyes! I spotted your cards on MIM.

    ReplyDelete

Thank-you for the lovely comment..